We facilitate early diagnosis for babies and preschool children with all degrees of deafness and provide comprehensive educational and support services for them and their families.
By doing so we enable these children to develop their listening and spoken language skills, as well as build their self-esteem and give parents the confidence and knowledge to make informed decisions on behalf of their child.
Looking Forward: Strategy 2020-2025 [PDF 3.7MB] outlines our priorities as a charity for the coming five years.
Written at the end of 2019, before the 2020 COVID-19 outbreak, the document explains how The Elizabeth Foundation is committed to five core goals over the next five years:
- Strengthen our core work to provide early education and support services to deaf children (aged 0-5 years) and their families.
- Evolve through ever-changing best practice to meet the diverse needs of our families, our supporters and the wider community.
- Modernise our approach to evaluating our services and the impact we have so that we can consistently evidence the relevance and effectiveness of our work.
- Build upon the sustainability of our services and facilities by developing our approach to fundraising and professional and voluntary partnerships.
- Involve all of those we support and those who support our work to maximise the efficient running and future development of The Elizabeth Foundation.
Over this time we will build on our current areas of expertise, as well as expanding into new areas of work, laying the foundations for further growth and development in the future.
See the box on this page for information about viewing the document.