Remember them fondly
We know that the loss of a loved one is never easy and we are always particularly touched to receive donations from friends and family in memory of a loved one.
In choosing to hold a collection for The Elizabeth Foundation, you’ll make sure your loved one’s memory lives on through our work helping young, deaf preschool children learn to listen and talk.
Last year alone the gifts made in memory of loved ones could fund parent and baby classes for the whole of the Autumn term.
How to collect donations in memory of a loved one
Many people choose to ask for donations to The Elizabeth Foundation in lieu of flowers in memory of a loved one.
There are two ways you can collect in memory donations:
- by using our collection envelopes,
- by setting up an online 'in memory' fundraising page (see box on right for details).
Using our collection envelopes
We can send you some of our specially-designed collection envelopes, making it easy for friends and family to donate at a funeral or memorial service.
When you use collection envelopes, you can raise 25% more at no extra cost because UK taxpayers can complete a Gift Aid declaration on the envelope so we can reclaim tax on their donations.
To order collection envelopes, please complete the form on this page or contact us – we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Funeral directors are usually happy to gather up the envelopes on your behalf and arrange for them to be sent to The Elizabeth Foundation. All donations will be acknowledged.
Other ways to donate in memory
A quick and simple way to donate a funeral collection or make a one-off donation in memory of a loved one is to donate online or simply ring 023 9237 2735 and ask for our Fundraising team who are always here to help you.
Whether you decide to make a one-off donation in memory of a loved one, or set up a funeral collection or online tribute page, our Fundraising Team are always here to help you at this very difficult time.
Setting up an online in memory fundraising page
A "Remember them fondly" tribute fund is the perfect place to share your memories of a loved one and, if you choose, to support our work through online donations.
A tribute fund gives you the opportunity to celebrate the life of a loved one with friends and family through leaving heartfelt messages, sharing special photos, stories, and even videos of your loved one.
In choosing to set up a tribute fund, you can be assured that every penny generously donated will enable your loved one to live on through our work with children with all degrees of deafness.
It’s quick and easy to set up a tribute fund for free, through either of our trusted partners, Much Loved or JustGiving. Follow the simple steps below to tell us a little more about your loved one and get started.
Option 1. Create a MuchLoved.com tribute page:
The first option is to use the secure www.MuchLoved.com website:
- Go to www.muchloved.com/creatememorial
- Complete the information required on the five steps:
- on the third step select 'Yes' in answer to the question "Would you like visitors to be able to make donations to a charity of your choice?"
- then using the search box enter 'The Elizabeth Foundation' (or our charity registration number 293835) and select us as your chosen charity
Option 2. Create a JustGiving.com 'in memoriam' donation page - click on this 'Start fundraising' button
The second option is to use the JustGiving website:
- Go to our secure online page www.justgiving.com/elizabethfoundation
- Click the ‘Fundraise for us’ button.
- You will then be asked to log-in or sign-up to JustGiving.
- Click on 'Remembering someone' and then provide the details to create your page.
- Once you have set up your fundraising page, you can then share it with all your family and friends by email and/or social media.