Have you got what it takes to #GotheDistanceforDeafness?
Our #GotheDistanceforDeafness fundraising campaign aims to encourage our supporters to “go the distance” by challenging themselves and setting their own target. This could be anything from running, walking, swimming or cycling to abseiling or skydiving.
Already, our supporters have tackled a wide variety of #GotheDistanceforDeafness activities:
- Adam ran a gruelling total distance of 496km in January.
- Lydia completed a big skip, skipping 300 times a day for 30 days.
- Our youngest ever fundraiser, Joshua, took on a festive walking challenge with his family.
- Alex is jumping 10,000ft with GoSkydive this August.
- Pete is taking part in the Isle of Wight Pier2Pier sea swim this summer.
- Dave is taking on the London Marathon this October.
- And our teams of runners are tackling the Great South Run and half marathons all around the UK.
Are you inspired to take part?
You can think of your own challenge or take part in one of our events.
We offer a wide range of activities and challenges through a range of partner companies both in the UK and further afield. You can tackle a wide selection of runs or an adrenaline-filled activity such as abseiling or zip-wiring - or you can take on something a bit more gruelling with one of our challenges. We offer a wide range of exciting charity challenges including:
- Skydives: Take on the challenge of freefalling from either 10,000 or 15,000 ft reaching speeds of up to 120mph on a Tandem Skydive with our trusted partner GoSkydive! If you raise the the minimum sponsorship you get to jump for FREE! Contact our Fundraising Team today on email@example.com or call 02392 372735 to check availability and register your interest.
- UK and overseas treks: Can you #GoTheDistanceForDeafness? If you’ve ever wanted to climb Kilimanjaro or trek the Sahara, there is a challenge for everyone with a range of outdoor based treks, rides and even dog sledding with our partner Charity Challenge. If you prefer to stay closer to home, why not hike the South West Coastal Path or trek Ben Nevis in the beautiful Scottish Highlands? Check out the available challenges on our dedicated Charity Challenge page.
- Cycle rides: Ranging in distance from a northern Coast to Coast ride in the UK all the way through to London to Paris or further afield on an exotic ride through Saigon to Angkor you can choose from a variety of cycling challenges for all levels of fitness through our partner Charity Challenge. Check out the full range of available rides on our dedicated Charity Challenge page.
For more details about any of these challenges, or to look at the full range of overseas activities we offer through Charity Challenge, either email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Charity Challenge website.
Whatever the challenge we can help you achieve it!
For more details about any of these challenges email email@example.com
Raising money through sponsorship
To make the challenge even more worthwhile - and to motivate you during your training and during the event - you can ask your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you to raise money to help young deaf children learn to listen and speak.
It is quick and simple to set up an online sponsorship page with JustGiving - and there's no need for you to chase your sponsors after the event to collect your money, and they even reclaim Gift Aid on our behalf to make each donation go even further.
Of course, you can still use paper sponsorship forms alongside - or even instead of - an online page. If you'd like us to provide paper sponsorship forms tailored to your event, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
How to set up a JustGiving page
The quickest way to set up a JustGiving fundraising page is to click on this 'Start fundraising' button.
Alternatively, you can:
- Go to our page https://www.justgiving.com/elizabethfoundation
- Click the ‘Fundraise for us’ orange button.
- You will then be asked to log-in to JustGiving.
- Click on 'Taking part in an event' and then provide the details of your event and create your page.
- Once you have set up your sponsorship page, share it with all your family and friends by email and/or social media.
Fancy a challenge?
Want to take on a challenge and #GoTheDistanceForDeafness but don't know where to start? Here are some of our suggestions to suit all levels of ability!
25 Fundraising Challenges
- Great South Run - Find out more
- Family Cycle Across Hampshire – Multiple routes to choose from - Find out more
- London Winter (Summer!) Walk - Find out more
- Romsey 5mile Run - Find out more
- Forest Trails for all the Family - Find out more
- The Elizabeth Foundation Swimathon – Contact us for more details
- Park Run - Find out more
- Jane Austen Walk - Find out more
- London to Brighton Cycle Challenge – Find out more
- Hampshire Walks - Find out more
- Trek Machu Picchu - Find out more
- Explore the Great Wall of China - Find out more/
- Everest Base Camp Trek - Find out more
- Tough Mudder - Find out more
- Spinnaker Tower Abseil - Find out more
- Lake District 5 Peaks Challenge - Find out more
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10K - Find out more
- South West, Coast to Coast 100km, 50km or 25km - Find out more
- Newbury racecourse 5K, 10K and Half Marathon - Find out more
- New Forest Marathon - Find out more
- Pier2Pier Isle of Wight Swim: - Find out more
- Run Through Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix – Marathon, half Marathon, 20 Miles, 10k and 5k - Find out more
- Southampton Common 10k - Find out more
- Worthing Aquathlon - Find out more
- Portchester Castle 10K - Find out more