Have you got what it takes to #GotheDistanceforDeafness?
Our #GotheDistanceforDeafness fundraising campaign aims to encourage our supporters to “go the distance” by challenging themselves and setting their own target. This could be anything from running, walking, swimming or cycling to abseiling or skydiving.
Already, our supporters have tackled a wide variety of #GotheDistanceforDeafness activities:
- swimmers of all ages completed our sponsored swim
- Candy organised a “Club-a-size” at her local gym
- Scott and Michael got down and dirty at the Tough Mudder 5k
- Dani is undertaking a skydive in June
- Wayne and Martin organised a 24-hour football match marathon
- Tim is taking on the Three Peaks Challenge with three friends
- Alison is climbing to new heights by tackling Mount Kilimanjaro in September
- and our teams of runners are tackling the Great South Run and London 10k.
Are you inspired to take part?
You can think of your own challenge or take part in one of our events.
We offer a wide range of exciting challenges through a range of partner companies both in the UK and further afield. You can tackle a wide selection of runs or an adrenaline-filled activity such as abseiling or zip-wiring - details of these are on our events page. Or you can take on something a bit more gruelling with one of our challenges - we offer a wide range of exciting charity challenges through Skyline Event Management's DoitforCharity website, including:
- Skydives: Take on the challenge of freefalling from 10,000 ft reaching at 120mph on a Tandem Skydive! If you raise the the minimum sponsorship you get to jump for FREE! We also offer accelerated freefall solo skydiving experiences.
- UK and overseas treks: If you’ve always wanted to do an overseas trek, then why not sign up for a Great Wall of China Trek – or walking in the Sahara? Staying closer to home, you can trek Ben Nevis in the beautiful Scottish highlands.
- Cycle rides: Ranging in distance from London to Brighton all the way through to London to Paris or Amsterdam, we offer cycling challenges of all types for for all types of cyclists. We even offer an exotic Vietnam to Cambodia cycling experience.
Whatever the challenge we can help you achieve it!
For more details about any of these challenges email firstname.lastname@example.org
Raising money through sponsorship
To make the challenge even more worthwhile - and to motivate you during your training and during the event - you can ask your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you to raise money to help young deaf children learn to listen and speak.
It is quick and simple to set up an online sponsorship page with JustGiving - and there's no need for you to chase your sponsors after the event to collect your money, and they even reclaim Gift Aid on our behalf to make each donation go even further.
Of course, you can still use paper sponsorship forms alongside - or even instead of - an online page. If you'd like us to provide paper sponsorship forms tailored to your event, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
How to set up a JustGiving page
The quickest way to set up a JustGiving fundraising page is to click on this 'Start fundraising' button.
Alternatively, you can:
- Go to our page https://www.justgiving.com/elizabethfoundation
- Click the ‘Fundraise for us’ orange button.
- You will then be asked to log-in to JustGiving.
- Click on 'Taking part in an event' and then provide the details of your event and create your page.
- Once you have set up your sponsorship page, share it with all your family and friends by email and/or social media.
Fancy a challenge?
Want to take on a challenge and #GoTheDistanceForDeafness but don't know where to start? Here are some of our suggestions to suit all levels of ability!
30 Fundraising Challenges
- Isle of Wight Randonee (100km round the Island cycle) - Find out more
- Great South Run - Find out more
- Family Cycle Across Hampshire – Multiple routes to choose from - Find out more
- London Winter Walk - Find out more
- Romsey 5mile Run - Find out more
- Forest Trails for all the Family - Find out more
- Me and my Dog – Walking Challenge at Queen Elizabeth Country Park - Find out more
- The Elizabeth Foundation Swimathon – Contact us for more details
- Park Run - at Find out more
- Jane Austen Walk - Find out more
- London to Brighton Cycle Challenge – Find out more
- Hampshire Walks - Find out more
- Trek Machu Picchu - Find out more
- Explore the Great Wall of China - Find out more/
- Everest Base Camp Trek - Find out more
- Tough Mudder - Find out more
- The Elizabeth Foundation Annual Golf Day – Contact us for more details
- Go Skydive - Find out more
- Spinnaker Tower Abseil - Find out more
- Peak District Challenge - Find out more
- Prudential Ride London – Enter the ballot now! - Find out more
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10K - Find out more
- South West, Coast to Coast 100km, 50km or 25km - Find out more
- The Tonbridge Half Marathon - Find out more
- The Wentover Woods Autumn Festival of Running routes
- Jubilee River Swim - Find out more
- Run Through Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix – Marathon, half Marathon, 20 Miles, 10k and 5k - Find out more
- Southampton Common 10k - Find out more
- Arundel Aquathlon - Find out more
- Portchester Castle 10K - Find out more