Deaf Awareness Week is 6-12 May 2019. We join with other organisations by using the week to raise awareness about how we help preschool deaf children.
Deaf Awareness Week 6-12 May 2019
Deaf Awareness Week is an annual event led by the UK Council on Deafness to provide a way for charities to raise awareness of deafness.
At The Elizabeth Foundation, we use Deaf Awareness Week as an opportunity to raise funds and awareness about our work in helping young deaf children learn to listen and talk. Last year, we focused on raising awareness of the wide range of employment paths pursued by some of our former pupils.
This year, Deaf Awareness Week takes place from 6–12 May 2019. To mark the week, we are running a number of events and activities to raise awareness and funds:
- we are sending out our latest Listen! newsletter to supporters and friends – also available to download as a PDF from this website [1.7MB file]
- we are running a series of pop-up events with mum Catherine and our volunteer team, at local business parks, to raise awareness of The Elizabeth Foundation’s work
- we are asking past and present families to use the #DAW2019 tag on our Facebook and describe in a sentence what The Elizabeth Foundation means or has meant to them.
- we are running a cake sale in the atrium of neighbouring Queen Alexandra Hospital
- we are holding bucket collections at our local ASDA supermarket
- and our #GoTheDistanceforDeafness fundraising campaign is encouraging supporters to challenge themselves during Deaf Awareness Week (and throughout the rest of the year!)
If you would like to get involved please get in touch!